[rrd-users] OpenWrt + Collectd + RRDTool

Aizad Fauzi redsan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:18:51 CEST 2015

I've installed all the necessary files and apps and it works out of the box.
Viewed it from OpenWrt Luci GUI where there is a link to "graphs". Whenever
I click on it, I assume it generates a new graph.

The link after I click on the graph is
http://some.domain.com/cgi-bin/luci/;stok=7f89f706f496f584539ee6487065c61b/admin/statistics/graph/interface/
?

How do I find the CGI?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:

> Aizad Fauzi <redsan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've installed these three components and my graph is working perfectly.
> > I create a symlink of the PNG to the root of my www folder so that I can
> easily view the graph directly.
> > However, in order for the graph to be updated, I need to log-on to the
> router and view from there in order to refresh the graph.
> >
> > Are there any tricks that can make the graph automatically update by
> running some command to setup as crontab?
>
> How are you generating the graph ? How are you viewing them when you log
> in to the router ?
>
> There are two ways to do it - create graphs periodically in case you want
> to view them, or create them on demand.
>
> The first of these means using some tool (eg cron) to run commands to
> generate the graphs periodically. The downside of this is that you expend
> resources generating graphs that you will most likely never look at.
>
> The alternative is to trigger graph creation when you want to view it -
> typically by CGI scripts on the server.
>
> I suspect that when you log onto the router (presumably via it's web UI)
> and view the graph, that's triggering a CGI script that generates the graph
> there and then - if you right click on the graph image and open in new
> window/tab, what URL do you get ?. This normally also creates an image file
> which hangs around until it gets over-written by the next version. If you
> statically link or view this image file, then it won't update on it's own.
> The fix for this is probably to link to the CGI script rather than the
> static image file - that way, when you view it you'll always get an up to
> date version.

Regards,
Aizad