[rrd-users] Trying to update an rrd file from originating server to remote server.

leostereo ingrogger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:02:08 CET 2015

Hy guys, I will explain a little bit more my goal.
I have interconected multiple cacti servers and I would like to grab one or
two graph from each and put them on a main cacti server creating a sort of
"dashboard" on it.
My feeling is that rrdcached could  be the right tool for the job.
The idea would be to run  rrdcached daemon on main server and through a
crontab script executed on every remote cacti, connect and update the rrds
files.
So far I can run the daemon on the main server, just doing:
rrdcached -I ip:port
Then from remote server I can connect using telnet and send some commands.
I think update command on the main server should work.
Please let me know what do you think about my idea.
Also would be great if you can point some similar working example about
this.

Regards,
Leandro.
btw: rrdtool is awesome, I would like to lear more about it.