[rrd-users] since when rrdtool tune can add another DS?

Petr pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Oct 15 09:06:31 CEST 2015

Hi all,

according to online documentation "rrdtool tune file.rrd
DS:xxxxx:yyy:zzz:11:22" can add a new DS to an existing file.rrd. However,
when I tried it on my Debian with rrdtool version 1.4.7 it did not work at
all.

I read the whole https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/CHANGES but couldn't
find any mention about rrdtune being able to add or delete a DS in an
existing RRD file.

Any idea since what version this got implemented, please?

Thanks,

Petr