[rrd-users] since when rrdtool tune can add another DS?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Oct 15 20:33:24 CEST 2015

Tobi Oetiker píše v Čt 15. 10. 2015 v 19:41 +0200:
> there is no new tune ability in 1.5 as I said all this functionality was moved into create ...

I see! So in order to add a new DS you have to create a whole new RRD?
That's a pity. Using the tune on a live RRD file would be way easier for
users.

BTW, even man page of rrd create still points to rrd tune regarding
adding a DS (indirectly).

> and to get a current version of rrdtool just download the source and configure make install it. works fine.

in Debian there are many RRD libraries in separate packages
( https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&keywords=rrd ). They
all have to be upgraded as well, I believe. Plain configure make install
will not address that, I am afraid. I, for example, need to update the
php5-rrd (i.e. /usr/lib/php5/20100525/rrd.so).

Petr