[rrd-users] Local maximum and minimum

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 22:14:14 CEST 2015

Philip Gwyn <rrd at pied.nu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 1-wire setup in my attic.  I log temperature and humidity and generate daily/weekly/monthly graphs.  I use a modified temps.pl from Thierry Hugue.
>
> What I would very much like is to graph the local maximum and minimum temperature.  This would be roughly the maximum and minimum over a 24 hour period.  The MAXIMUM and MINIMUM operators don't do what I want - they find the max for the entire period.

If you have a 24 hours consolidation for MAX and another for MIN, then that will contain values for max and min per day*. You can then graph that and get a graph of min/max by day. You may have to specify the consolidation when graphing if you have other min & max consolidations.

* Where "day" is a 24 hour period starting at midnight UTC. It will not be midnight to midnight if your local timezone isn't UTC.