[rrd-users] Installing rrdtool on Linux machine

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Feb 29 11:11:11 CET 2016

azeddine bezzir <a_bezzir at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I want to install rrdtool on a Linux machine, in order to store some statistics files and generate graphs accordingly.
>
> In fact, it's the first time i am using this tool, and i am unbale to install it, could you support please?
>
> The OS version is:
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)

Your email is really really lacking in detail - how are you trying to install it ? What is going wrong ? What is happening ? What isn't happening ?
See http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

But in answer to the question I think you are asking ...
I would suggest you simply use the packaged version, I believe on RH systems that would be just "yum install rrdtool". Doing it that way means you'll get a version built for your system, and all the dependencies automatically installed.
If you want to install from source, then you'll need to install dependencies yourself, and you'll need to understand how to configure it for your system (should be a matter of "make configure", but not all packages are that simple).