[rrd-users] Changing the start and end times for daily (step=86400) consolidation?

mmclure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Jun 28 08:11:07 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Alex van den Bogaerdt-5 [via RRD
Mailinglists] <ml-node+s937164n7583382h42 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> The problem with that: ... 05:57 05:58 05:59 05:00 05:01 05:02 ...
> When DST ends, one hour is repeated. Similarly one hour is missing when
> DST kicks in.
> You can't change timezone halfway a graph, so this will bite you two days
> in a year.
>
> Don't know, didn't test this, just as an idea:
> Would it work to create an artificial timezone which is similar to
> the British timezone, but DST happening at 5am on the American days?

Yeah - the charts for around 2:00AM on the DST switch dates would be wrong,
but  I can live with that. These are "live" charts on a webpage so they'll
get replaced pretty quickly anyway and are not in any way mission critical.

--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,