[rrd-users] [FORGED] Re: Installing rrdtool on Linux machine

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Wed Mar 2 14:58:20 CET 2016

Good morning.

azeddine bezzir <a_bezzir at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> The machine i am trying to install rrdtool on it, is not mine, it belong to my company, so i cannot install another OS on it, or change any configuration.
> I want to manually install the tool
Why?

For the record. rrdtool (although a rather old version 1.3.8) _is_ part of
RHEL6 and can be found in the rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6 channel.
You should change the channel subscriptions of your server accordingly.

Futhermore the tar archive also contains a spec file for an RPM build.
Depending on your site policy you may build the RPMs from that file
(didn't test it myself for 1.5.5 so you may adjust some settings)
and setup a "3rd party" repository.

Sincerely yours,

Andreas Maus.

P.S.: Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.4 is really old, it was
released over three years ago (february or march 2013 if
I recall correctly). The current version of RHEL6 is 6.7.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73