[rrd-users] Confusion about VDEF total and graph values

humke arjan.hummel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:44:54 CEST 2016

Alex van den Bogaerdt-5 wrote
>>> You mean you want to see the same bars, only reduced in width? In other
>>> words, get smaller bars with gaps inbetween?
>>
>> That would also work visually, but what I had in mind was not to reduce
>> the
>> width, but create the bars by separating them with vertical lines of the
>> correct height.
>
> I have difficulty understanding what you describe here.

This piece of paint art shows best what I mean. Just smaller bars as per
your suggestion would also work. I understand we will still be showing
rates, but if the graph visually looks different (more like a histogram)
when we CDEF'd a rate, that would be a nice visual cue that we did something
to the original data (* 3600 in my case). Of course, title and comment
strings could also be used to inform the viewer.

Arjan