[rrd-users] Trying to graph with two different resolutions in same graph doesn't work.

thlu thomas at thlu.dk
Wed Jan 25 11:51:50 CET 2017

I am having the same issue trying to plot the same datasource in different
resolutions in the same graph.

If I eg. have
'DEF:p1=data.rrd:power:AVERAGE:step=3600'
'DEF:p2=data.rrd:power:AVERAGE:step=300'

p1 and p2 will both be plot using step=300. It seems that it is always the
smaller step value that is used in both plots. If i take a copy of data.rrd
and use the two different, but identical, files in the DEFs I get the
expected result.

Is it possible to do and what am i missing?

I see no answers to this post. mmclure: did you find any answers yourself?