[smokeping-users] Re: Minimum HW/SW requirements

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 26 08:38:42 MEST 2002

Yesterday PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> You think so?  I have the opportunity to possibly
> purchase a SunFire 280 or 3 IBM Intel servers.  You're
> telling me that there is basically no comparison, and
> that I should probably go with the 3 IBMs and
> put linux on them?

Well we use only Sun Servers here and I feel quite save with this,
performance is not everything ... our Sun Servers never crash (if
they do, it is hardware and it has to be repaired) ...

Its just, that if you are init for the speed, then I guess sun is
not potimal ... if you are init for a combination of things like
speed and reliability then sun is great ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi