[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping graphs stop generating

Jeff Foster jfoste at woodward.com
Thu Aug 29 17:36:51 MEST 2002

I have that rpm, but I think that smokeping is using the copy I built
from the source (fping 2.4.2_to). I seem to remember trying both copies
after the problem started and both failed. For now I will continue with
the built copy and test with both copies if it fails. Then I will restart
the machine networking and switch to the rpm copy.

I'll send an update when I know more.

Thanks for the response,
Jeff F>

From: Andy Harrison [mailto:andy.harrison at bbc.co.uk]

> Hi Jeff,
>
> The kernel version i'm using is 2.2.16-22 on RedHat 7.0. After having
> problems similar to yours i resorted to installing fping via the
> fping-2.4b2-2.i386.rpm installation. Looking at my graphs for the past few
> weeks, all have been generating successfully. I'm not sure if Redhat was
at
> fault or the Fping source that i originally used, but its working at
least.

> Andy

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****