[smokeping-users] Link-up graph

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Feb 14 01:35:55 MET 2002

Hello,

I installed SmokePing yesterday and so far it works fines. I need to
figure out what hosts are worth testing now :)

OK, what i could not find out is the way to have the link-up data show
on the graphs like on the web page for SmokePing. In my case
(monitoring several satellite connectivity, that can get disturb by
tropical rain) it is a valuable information.

A couple of remarks, installation is far from being straight forward
(but the tool is designed mostly for network people, so they should
know how to works around of that), and as my web site uses SSI scripts
to draw the page head and bottom, I had to play around with SmokePing
perl script a bit to include that in.

Thanks for that one more usefull tool Tobias,

Olivier