[smokeping-users] Re: 0.99.10 is out

Hal Burgiss hal at foobox.net
Tue Jan 22 02:48:47 MET 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 08:04:30AM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Well it seems I am starting to get into the 'it is tough to care
> for every case' your data gets killed by a few 'unhealthy spikes ...'
> I will take the AVARAGE into account as well as the MAX, this
> should help ...

OK, thanks.

> As for the
> http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/pantomime/iu2.png graph, the
> blotchiness is intended ... afterall, these are individual
> measurements so connecting them with a line does not make sense
> realy ...

Now I am adjusting to the 'blotchiness', and it does seem a reasonable
representation. It took awhile for my eyes to adjust :) But it still
seems like the smoke effect is not as strong. Or is this an artifact
of the gaps now? It's an interesting concept to have useful data that
does interesting things to make it pleasant to the eye.

--
Hal Burgiss