[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping-0.99.12

Hal Burgiss hal at foobox.net
Fri Jan 25 02:26:44 MET 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:24:24AM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Your daily fix is out ... this time I have been working on the
> overview graphs ... they do support max_rtt now and use a different
> grid system to have a denser grid ...
>
> cheers
> tobi
>

> PS I am intersted in hearing from you what you think is missing
> before 1.0 apart form the website ....

Just some observations on 99.12, and the new overview. If a graph
scales to 100ms, the grid is labeled every 20ms. This is very
readable. At 80ms, they are every 10ms, and I had to increase the
overall height, or else the fonts were stepping on each other. Not a
big deal, and maybe depends on the font/browser. Also, it looks like
the grid changes below 40 (or is it 50), where there is a horizontal
line at every 2ms. This looks really 'busy' to me. The effect is good
where the max scale is only 10 or 20 ms, but is distracting at 40.
Just minor cosmetic nits :) .02

I like the idea of user definable colors too.

--
Hal Burgiss