[smokeping-users] Re: DNS failures

Hal Burgiss hal at foobox.net
Sun Jan 27 23:34:40 MET 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:19:11PM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Today Hal Burgiss wrote:
>

> > While playing with the new color stuff, and restarting smokeping many
> > times, DNS disappeared for one the routers I was tracking. This causes
> > smokeping to fail to start. So after a few minutes, I had to comment
> > out that one from the config.
>
> OK 0.99.16 is out ... it will just warn not bomb now

Thanks.

> hmm this is strange ... my ADSL links go off and on all the time ...
> there should be no spikes if all packets drop ... spikes should
> only occure if some packets get through ... I am at a loss here ...
>
> look at
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=chbroadband.adsl.tiscali.zaucker
> as an example

Hmmm...cool, I guess those background colors are for DYNAMIC stuff?
Very interesting.

OK, I went back and looked but that time period is quite compressed
now. I see a gap and then soon after a big spike. Maybe I just didn't
see the gap before and the spike was coincidence??? Sorry, then...

--
Hal Burgiss