[smokeping-users] Re: Using echoping to monitor several webse rvers

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 22 07:20:43 MET 2002

Today Lightfoot.Michael wrote:

> > This inherits the WebServers branch variables (port = 8080,
> > url = http://www.comcare.gov.au  etc.)
> >
> Probably explains why it doesn't work.  How do I get it to inherit the same
> port and url as Intranet?

the inheritance always works along the tree ... from the trunk to
the branches ... when you switch the probe, the inheritance gets
stopped ...

As long as you stay with the same probe you can also have additional
settings on a branche, which will then be inherited by its children
along with the stuff already present  ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi