[smokeping-users] Re: SmokePing 1.15

Warrick FitzGerald wfitzgerald at LiveTechnology.com
Sat Oct 5 00:50:56 MEST 2002

Thanks Tobias,

I found the problem about 10 min before I got your mail. It was SpeedyCGI
that was the problem, for some reason it did not seem to install properly on
Mandrake.

For future reference (And perhaps as an update to the install procedure on
the site) do :

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install CGI::SpeedyCGI

This seemed to fix my problem 100%. As before I did this I tried "whereis
speedy" and go no "not found" ... after installing via CPAN it was found
(Most likely something stupid I did when installing from the binary) --
however the zsh shell did not report an invalid parser which did not help my
debugging.

---- One quick question though, I have some really strange results coming
from one or two of my web servers while using the http probe.

I get a red or a blue line indicating that only some of the requests retuned
un-successful responses. Is there any way of turning on logging of some kind
to see why these requests failed ? I know I could just run tcpdump or
something like that .. but I never know when the error appears so I would
have quite a bit of data.

Thanks
Warrick