[smokeping-users] Re: SmokePing 1.15

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Oct 5 00:19:02 MEST 2002

Yesterday Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I got smokeping working great on my test machine in my office, and am now
> putting it into production however I seem to be running into a small
> problem.
>
> I installed all components in the same directory structure as on my test
> machine, the only difference was that this time I installed 1.15 and not
> 1.14. The first problem I ran into was that when I un-tared the source it
> did not create the /var directory (But it did do this in 1.14).
>
> I then copied :
> /bin/smokeping.pl
> /etc/config
> /etc/smokemail
> the basepage and cgi files to my production machine and started the daemon.
>
> Everything seems to be running great, but when I try and go to the cgi
> script with a browser I get a 500 internal server error.
>
> I then tried running the CGI from the shell and get the following error. If
> someone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong I would really appreciate
> it.
>
> -------Error------------
> root at localhost /var/www/cgi-bin # ./smokeping.cgi
> zsh: no such file or directory: ./smokeping.cgi
> -------------------------

Warrick,

Make sure the first line of the smokeping.cgi points to your perl
binary. Also make sure you have not edited this file on a pc ...
the shell will look at the ^M at the end of the line as part of the
program name and I guess you have no perl called perl^M

tobi

> Thanks
> Warrick FitzGerald
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi