[smokeping-users] CGI headers

dbarba at soluziona.com dbarba at soluziona.com
Thu Sep 5 09:31:36 MEST 2002

Hi all!

I had a problem with Smokeping, it works, because it's doing pings and I
       can fetch data with rrdtool utilities,

but since July, the web server doesn't show nothing when I try to access to
       smokeping.cgi, it says something like:

"Server Error
This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a
misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log. "

The server's errors log shows this message:

[05/Sep/2002:09:26:31] failure (13724): for host 10.111.129.32 trying to GET /smokeping/smokeping.cgi,
cgieng_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /opt/mrtg/www/smokeping/smokeping.cgi did not produce a valid header
(program terminated without a valid CGI header. Check for core dump or other abnormal termination)

My Web server is Netscape Enterprise Server 3.62 under UNIX.

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot!