[smokeping-users] Incorrect Timestamp

Jonathan Stewart mysticalreaperlist at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 21 17:47:35 MEST 2002

I am having a very strange problem with a brand new setup of Smokeping.
(i've got one on anther box that works just fine, with a very similar
setup).  The timestamps are completely wrong.  Well not completely, just
7 hours wrong.

Example: At 15:00 UTC, local time is 10:00 CST.  However, Smokping is
generating a timestamp of 17:00, on the correct day.

Things i know:
'date' gives correct time, in correct timezone
'date -u' gives correct UTC time
MRTG even gives me the correct local time.

Now, i did mess with the clock after i started smokeping.  I started it,
then realized the clock was wildly off, and needed to be set.  So i got
nptd running, ran ntpdate, and synced everything up.  Caused a huge gap
to appear in smokeping, but I don't mind.

So is there any config in smokeping that i've not got set right?  Or is
it something else?

system: Debian GNU/Linux "Sarge", kernel 2.4.19
smokeping: 1.12, as packaged by Debian

Thanks for using your brainpower to help me,
Jonathan