[smokeping-users] Re: Incorrect Timestamp

Jonathan Stewart mysticalreaperlist at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 23 04:42:31 MEST 2002

Jonathan Stewart wrote: (yeah, i'm replying to myself)

>Now, i did mess with the clock after i started smokeping.  I started it,
>then realized the clock was wildly off, and needed to be set.  So i got
>nptd running, ran ntpdate, and synced everything up.  Caused a huge gap
>to appear in smokeping, but I don't mind.

Well, here's the cause of my problem, as far as i know.  Basically,
Apache was initialized (whne it started) with the wrong information
about the timezone.  So when i adjusted the clock, apache did not know
that it now was on the wrong timezone.  Anyways, after some more work on
the setup of the box, involving restarting the server, and hence apache
and smokeping, it settled down and is now reporting the correct time on
the timestamps...

So it kinda wan't my fault... i'm just glad it's corrected.

Jonathan