[smokeping-users] Re: Black and Grey shading above Green line in Detail View

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 4 08:01:07 MEST 2003

Yesterday Steve Gaas wrote:

> Can anyone explain what the black to grey shading illustrates on the
> detail view of the smokeping graphs?  I'm not talking about the
> background color, rather the color that surrounds the green latency
> measure line.  I see my green line indicating latency, but I don't
> understand where the grey surrounding area comes into play.  What is is
> measuring?  Sometimes there are 3 different shades of grey?  There is no
> legend for these colors?

the more gray the more variation in the latency, rrdtool sends 20
pings on every measurement. the green line is the median and the
gray is 'all the pings' sorted around the median, with decreassing
black level ...

> Sorry if this is a dumb question!
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286