[smokeping-users] smokeping rpm

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Sat Aug 2 20:14:33 MEST 2003

Howdy all,

I just discovered that a google on smokeping+rpm yields my little aged
pile of tweaks. So I quickly merged with upstream and rebuilt.

As of this writing, I've one patch
http://www.GreenKey.net/~curtis/rpm/src/SPECPATCH/smokeping-1.23/smokeping-maxhight.patch.html
which seems to partition the apache security better.

And it's merged with the current release. But please note that this
package takes some ugly shortcuts such as disregarding SpeedyCGI. (In the
interest of laziness. ;)

It also builds a custom config upon install. The purpose is more academic
than functional.

Lastly, it makes some style assumptions that can be blamed upon nobody but
me.

If there are improvements or Tobi's already fixed, I'll gladly try to keep
things in sync as time permits.

SmokePing 1.23 RPM
http://www.GreenKey.net/~curtis/rpm/noarch/smokeping-1.23-gk1.noarch.rpm
http://www.GreenKey.net/~curtis/rpm/src/smokeping-1.23-gk1.src.rpm