[smokeping-users] Help with telnetIOSPing probe

Naman Latif naman.latif at inamed.com
Tue Aug 19 05:49:37 MEST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to implement telnetIOSPing probe for Two different Targets
at the same tree level. Pings will be sourced from the same host.
However smokeping\probe doesn't allow me to define the "PROBE_CONF"
variable twice, which I need to have the second target defined.
My config is as below

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++ PROBE_CONF
iospass = abcd
iosuser = efgh
target = x.x.x.x
source = gk.example.com

+++ Target1
menu = whatever
title = whatever
host = x.x.x.x

+++ PROBE_CONF
iospass = abcd
iosuser = efgh
target = y.y.y.y
source = gk.example.com

+++ Target2
menu = whatever1
title = whatever1
host = y.y.y.y

This gives me the error that "PROBE_CONF" is already defined. Is this a
limitation for telnetIOSPing probe ? As I can overwrite the PROBE_CONF
variable for the Curl probe.
Is there a workaround for my problem ? Am I configuring it in-correctly
?

Regards \\ Naman