[smokeping-users] Unable to have more then 8 EchoPing targets

Roger.Lynch at csiro.au Roger.Lynch at csiro.au
Wed Aug 20 04:23:29 MEST 2003

I am trying to send udp echopings to more then 8 targets, they are setup
correctly in the smokeping config file, but only 8 are executed, the
others do not run and I get an error in the syslog from the kernel
saying the other echopings have exited with signal 11.

I am running smokeping on FreeBSD 4.8. Is this a limitation of smokeping
or the OS.

I have tried this on Debian 3.01 and get the same result.

Thanks

Roger Lynch
Voice Network Support
IT Services, CSIRO