[smokeping-users] Re: Understanding SmokePing Graphs.

Dayo Adeyeye dayo at ipnxnigeria.net
Wed Aug 20 04:41:28 MEST 2003

Thanks for your help. Not working yet though.

You assumption is correct: this is a Red Hat 8 linux install and it supports
cgi files. I have added the following lines to my httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost 10.50.3.207>
    ServerAdmin Dayo at mycompany.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/smokeping/img
    ServerName smokeping.mydomain.com
    ErrorLog logs/smokeping.mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/smokeping.mydomain.com-access_log common
    DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi
</VirtualHost>

The path to my cgi-bin directory is /var/www/cgi-bin/ and Ive set the
permission on my smokeping.cgi file to 777.

When I do a ps -ax | grep smokeping, i get :

1241 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/perl -w ./bin/smokeping

Yes, again you are right. I just copied my basepage.html to my web server
directory /var/www/html/basepage.html. In my virtualhost config above, what
should my DocumentRoot point to ?

When I do a http://10.50.3.207/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi , I get the following
error:

Server error!
  The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.
  Error message:
  Premature end of script headers: smokeping.cgi
  If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500
  10.50.3.207
  Wed 20 Aug 2003 03:14:10 AM WAT
  Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
I also get this error when I run http://smokeping.mydomain.com which is the
ServerName in my virtualhost config above. I added smokeping.mydomain.com to
my hosts file so that my server can access it by name.

What should I do next ? Thanks for your help.

Dayo