[smokeping-users] Re: Understanding SmokePing Graphs.

Leigh Sharpe lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au
Wed Aug 20 04:53:26 MEST 2003

OK,
   Looking at your problem:

> When I do a ps -ax | grep smokeping, i get :
>
> 1241 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/perl -w ./bin/smokeping

Indicates that smokeping is running.

>     DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

looks wrong. It should be /cgi-bin/
Leave out the "smokeping.cgi".

> Server error!
>   The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
> request.
>   Error message:
>   Premature end of script headers: smokeping.cgi
>   If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
> Error 500
This indicates that your cgi is running, but it has an error. The particular
error is "Premature end of script headers" from smokeping.cgi. Your server
log will give you more details about the error. More than likely, the cgi is
printing something other than the "content-type" line that your web server
is expecting. The first line of the output will be in your server's error
log. This sort of thing often happens when there is a config error.
 Look at your server log to determine where the script is causing problems.