[smokeping-users] Concise "Hot to read these graphs" document needed

D.Kindred at telesciences.com D.Kindred at telesciences.com
Tue Aug 26 15:14:10 MEST 2003

I think we need to create a concise "Hot to read these graphs" document, and
add a link to it on the displayed pages.

I've installed 1.23 and have it monitoring some critical systems (and
therefore critical links) in my network, and now want to share these graphs
with the rest of my team, including remote staff on the other end of those
links.  Unfortunately, each time I show someone one of the graphs I have to
start our by explaining what the graph is showing, what the lines mean, what
the colors mean, what the shaded areas mean, etc.  It was sort of fun the
first time, but is now getting quite tedious.  Even following Tobi's links
doesn't get you to a page explaining this.

I realize that the particular probes and options in any given configuration
will make it hard to fully describe what the graphs show, so perhaps the
basic help page could include provisions for adding site-specific
information.

Has anyone already addressed this issue?

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator