[smokeping-users] telnetIOSPing problem

Temesi Tamás temesi at drnet.hu
Thu Jul 31 12:17:53 MEST 2003

Hello,

Did anyone successfully configure telnetIOSPing?

I'm running Smokeping 1.23 and NET::Telnet was compiled/configured without
issues. FPing probes work fine with hundreds of targets. However when adding
a probe as in the documentation:

*** Probes ***
+ IOSPing
packetsize = 56
forks = 1

I'm getting an error that "IOSPing 'binary' not defined". In case I replace
the probe name with telnetIOSPing this error no longer appears, but seems
that nothing happens with any targets defined for this probe. In the target
section (after my FPing part) I have the following:

probe = telnetIOSPing

+ IOSTest
menu = IOSTest Ping
++PROBE_CONF
iosuser = user
iospass = password
target = 1.1.1.2
source = 1.1.1.1
psource = 1.1.1.1

IOSTest shows up in the menu hiearchy, but no graphs. The TIP* log files
seems to be touched at every round, but nothing is written to them.

Any ideas or working samples?

Thanks,

TT