[smokeping-users] Permissions for writing images

Gordon Brandt gbrandt at apwagner.com
Mon Jun 9 21:05:55 MEST 2003

I had a system crash, and am in the process of re-configuring Smokeping.  So
far, I have everything running it seems, but can't display the web pages
from the CGI.  It is a permissions problem, I am pretty sure.
The error I am getting
ERROR: Opening '/var/www/html/smokeping/APWagner/Branches/ALBRTR01_mini.png'
for write: Permission denied
ERROR: Opening '/var/www/html/smokeping/APWagner/Branches/BOSRTR01_mini.png'
for write: Permission denied

>From my config file:

imgcache = /var/www/html/smokeping
imgurl   = http://bufmon02.apwagner.net/smokeping
datadir  = /var/www/html/smokeping
piddir  = /var/www/html/smokeping
cgiurl   = http://bufmon02.apwagner.net/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

This is an internal server, and not accessible outside the company network,
but I don't want to open up world write to let the cgi create the images
where everyone can write.  Is this what I have to do?

Thanks,

Gordon Brandt
Network Engineer
AP Wagner, Inc.