[smokeping-users] Secondary Alerts

Dan McGinn-Combs Dan.McGinn-Combs at Geac.com
Thu Jun 26 21:43:50 MEST 2003

Greetings!
Occasionally I would like to send out a secondary alert. Here's why. Say
a router becomes unavailable.

After five minutes the offline alert ( !=U,==U) is executed sending out
a page.

The router tech misses the page and continues to sleep.

I would like to send out another page 30 minutes later. Would this be
(!=U,==U,==U,==U,==U,==U,==U)? i.e. does each ==U mean "if the last
reading - which took five minutes to get - is unknown"

And so, 6 x 5 = 30, right?

Has anyone else attempted to do this, and has anyone set up any alert
scripts to page different people for different types of alerts/systems?

Dan

---

Dan McGinn-Combs