[smokeping-users] Re: Question about Alert

Mars Wei 危之華 MarsWei at ncic.com.tw
Wed Mar 5 01:56:38 MET 2003

Yes, it will work. I just wonder how to make it work in SmokePing's config. Anyway, thanks a lot.

I also have another question about alert mechanism. My server monitors 82 sites for now. I tried to apply the alert configuration to either global target part or to each site part but both of them cause SmokePing to dead after running couple of hours without any log. Finally, all the alert configurations are removed and then SmokePing works stably.
My question is, is there any limitation of SmokePing or what should I notice when adding alert?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,
Mars Wei