[smokeping-users] Re: DNS.pm for OpenBSD 3.1

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 10 01:43:14 MET 2003

Mar 4 Dan McGinn-Combs wrote:
> I'm not sure these changes are required for anyone else, but I noticed
> that they are necessary under OpenBSD 3.1 to use the DNS probe written
> by Andre Stolze -- THANKS, Andre!
>
> in DNS.pm
> OLD:
> push @host, "$self->{properties}{binary} \@$addrs[0][0] $addrs[0][0]
> |grep \
> "Query time\"| gawk '{print \$4}'";
>
> NEW:
> push @host, "$self->{properties}{binary} \@$addrs[0][0] $addrs[0][0]
> |grep \
> "query time\"| awk '{print \$5}'";
>
> Apparently, "gawk" isn't natively available on OpenBSD. I'm not sure to
> what to attribute the count difference.

oops this is not good, I should be more vigilant with what I accept
as contributions, please they the attached version of DNS.pm. It
does not use external tools apart from dig.

> Dan
> ...---... ...---...
> Dan McGinn-Combs
> dan.mcginn-combs at geac.com
> Atlanta, Georgia
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286

-- Type: TEXT/PLAIN
-- Size: 2k (2966 bytes)