[smokeping-users] Re: Pinging a specific port?

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Sat Oct 18 01:19:12 MEST 2003

I actually got it to work with echoping. For whatever reason, I was thinking
echoping was restricted to port 80. Since these are web based services
running on port 5517, echoping did the trick nicely. thanks to those who
suggested hping, hping worked as well, but I didn't know how to configure a
probe for it.

Regardless, got it working with echoping, thanks for your help :)

A side question:

Is there a formula for unreachable alerts for echoping? I know !=U and =U
for fping, is there such an animal for echoping?

Thanks!
--
PGP Key: http://archon.silvertree.org/pgp.txt
Fingerprint: E799 F032 BD9A 66B8 2930 AE2B E742 0B78 BADB 8E11