[smokeping-users] Re: Error starting smokeping

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Sep 9 22:48:49 MEST 2003

Modify the permissions on /var/www/html/Smokeping/* such that the user
your web server is running as can create files and directories. There
are several ways of doing that, some better than others, from chmod -R
777 /var/www/html/Smokeping/* (not recommended) to creating a group that
the Smokeping user and the web server user share and chgrp -R
<sharedgroup> /var/www/html/Smokeping/*;chmod -R g+w
/var/www/html/Smokeping/*

--
Marc