[smokeping-users] Whois support for smokeping

Ketil Froyn lists at ketil.froyn.name
Fri Aug 13 14:37:43 MEST 2004

Hi.
I have made a WHOIS probe for smokeping. Your mileage may vary, but it
works for me. To use it with echoping 5.2.0, you have to recompile
echoping with the WHOIS patch applied. You can get that here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1008637&group_id=4581&atid=304581

Then just drop EchoPingWhois.pm into the probes/ directory for
smokeping, and configure as documented:

$ perldoc smokeping::probes::EchoPingWhois

Let me know if there's a problem, or if I've done something stupid. :)

Ketil Froyn
ketil at froyn.name
http://ketil.froyn.name/

-- Type: application/x-perl