[smokeping-users] Re: Whois support for smokeping

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Aug 23 11:15:47 MEST 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:37:43PM +0100,
 Ketil Froyn <lists at ketil.froyn.name> wrote
 a message of 30 lines which said:

> I have made a WHOIS probe for smokeping. Your mileage may vary, but
> it works for me. To use it with echoping 5.2.0, you have to
> recompile echoping with the WHOIS patch applied. You can get that
> here:

I'll be interested to know if people use and like it. Because echoping
6 will have a whois plugin (every new protocol in echoping will have
to be handled by a plugin, in order to limit the complexite of the
main code). Comments are welcome on the beta version:

ftp://ftp.internatif.org/pub/unix/echoping/