[smokeping-users] Ping remote host with different step and different steps in one daemon

Jing Shen laojing at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:13:52 MET 2004

Is that possible to combine multiple ping based
probing into one configuration. That is,
if we want to measure host.com with following method:

1) 10 packets of size 512Byte every 5min
2) 2 packets of size 1024 every 10min
3) 1 packet of size 1500 every 12min

and , the graphing should be executed within one cgi.

Currently, we shoot this by twisting with
configuration files. But, we found there is problem
when different sample steps are used with different
daemons.

Thanks

Joe Shen