[smokeping-users] Graphics not displaying

Steve.Gingolaski at tevausa.com Steve.Gingolaski at tevausa.com
Tue Jul 6 21:52:58 MEST 2004

Greetings -

Slight problem here.  When I go to the smokeping.cgi main page, I see the
targets listed in the left-side column, and the footer information down in
the lower left hand corner.  I also see the image outlines of where the
images should be, but no graphics.  When I click on the page where the
graphic should be I link to the second page where the extended views (3
hrs, 30hrs, 10days, etc) are shown but there are not any graphics there
either.

If I pull up the graph directly -
file:///usr/local/apache2/htdocs/smoke/Cisco1_RTR_2600_mini.png - the
graphic displays with no problem.

When I try to access the same file via smokeping.cgi, I get the following
results:

The requested URL /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/smoke/Cisco1_RTR_2600_mini.png
was not found on this server.

Please help me.

This is an extract from my smokeping.cgi file:

#!/usr/bin/speedy -w

# -*-perl-*-

use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl);

use lib qw(/usr/local/smokeping/lib);

use Smokeping 1.29;

Smokeping::cgi("/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config");

Here is an extract from the ./bin/smokeping:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

# -*-perl-*-

use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl);

use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl);

use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl);

use lib qw(/usr/local/smokeping/lib);

use Smokeping 1.29;

Smokeping::main("/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config");

Here is the header from the /etc/config file:

*** General ***

owner    = TEVA USA

contact  = sgingola at tevausa.com

#mailhost = smtp.mailhost.abc

#sendmail = /usr/lib/sendmail

imgcache = /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/smoke

imgurl   = /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/smoke

datadir  = /home/smoke

piddir  = /home/smoke/piddir

cgiurl   = http://X.X.7.198/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

smokemail = /usr/local/smokeping/etc/smokemail.dist

# specify this to get syslog logging

# syslogfacility = local0

There is an error in the Apache error_log:

[Tue Jul 06 15:41:49 2004] [error] [client X.X.4.153] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/usr, referer:
http://X.X.7.198/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

I am using RRDTool 1.0.38

Everything is working great with my MRTG graphs.

Thanks,

Steve Gingolaski