[smokeping-users] Smokeping daemon die out without any indication

Jing Shen laojing at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 12:11:08 MEST 2004

Hi,

I run Smokeping on a Solaris2.6 box. the hardware
platform is SPARC20 with 112MB memory installed.

I noticed a strange phenomon: when I run 5 smokeping
daemon on it, the one which checks web site
connectivity will usually die out without any
indication. When I add another 13 daemon, some of them
die out when the number of running daemon increas.

I don't understand why this happens? is there any
minimum requirement on running smokeping ?
how to deal with such problem?

thanks

regards

joe shen