[smokeping-users] Re: how to change stepwidth in graph?

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Fri Sep 10 10:21:00 MEST 2004

On 10.09.2004 10:00 Marc Doerflinger wrote:

> hello there!
>
> i just set up a new smokeping installation which sends out 20 ping every
> 5 seconds to some hosts. when viewing the graph it only shows me a bar
> for every 5 minutes. the graph is configured to show the last 30 minutes
> (so some 5-6 bars are shown which stretch accross about 150 pixels), so
> this looks pretty ugly and i also want to have more detail on the graph.
> how can i tell the graph to show a bar for every 30 seconds or maybe
> even 5 seconds.

these are the parameters to change it

*** Database ***

step     = 300
pings    = 20

# consfn mrhb steps total

AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
    MIN  0.5  12  4320
    MAX  0.5  12  4320
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
    MAX  0.5 144   720
    MIN  0.5 144   720

Read the documentation and the alter these parameters in your config.

Arnold