[smokeping-users] CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP caught exception

Tony.Cetera at thomson.com Tony.Cetera at thomson.com
Tue Apr 12 15:27:56 MEST 2005

Hello,

I'm using smokeping 1.38 on Solaris 8 with Perl 5.8.0.  I have configured the CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP probe with 50 forks and 16 targets.  All 16 tests run but every 5 minutes smokeping throws a few of these into the log:

smokeping[pid#]: CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP: {ip address}: caught exception

The failed targets are different every time. It appears that the targets who "catch the exception" report packet loss for that interval.  Is there any way to determine what is causing the error?  Is there something in my configuration that may be causing this?

Tony Cetera