[smokeping-users] Need help with config file parameters, PROBE_CONF

Matt Lawson matt at prolexic.com
Tue Apr 19 14:40:10 MEST 2005

Pasted below is a (sanitized) version of my config file.  I have
created a new probe called "Check" which takes the normal parameters
plus "port".

The port value that is given at the top of the file is used correctly.
But what I want to do is alter the port on a per-target basis.  I have
seen the examples and followed them the best I can, but no luck.  The
value given at the top is always used no matter what.  See in my config
that the one target under "thegoat" wants the default port overridden
to 1000.

This is smokeping 1.38.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

*** Probes ***

+ Check

binary = /usr/local/bin/check
port = 80