[smokeping-users] problems with SuSE 9.3 and smokeping configuration

Michael Hundsdorfer michael.hundsdorfer at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 11:44:47 MEST 2005

Hello!

I have problems to run smokeping. In SuSE Professional 9.3 I have
installed the rrdtool package.
Fping is running (tried manually) and also smokeping is running in
daemon mode.
But I guess, something with the paths in etc/config and bin/smokeping is
wrong and not fitting with the standard-paths of SuSE Linux, e.g. the
path for the lib of rrdtool.
When starting smokeping cgi with http://localhost/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi
I get the structure on the left side, but no grafics (*.png).
Did somebody already installed smokeping under SuSE and can help me with
some sample configuration files.

Many thanks

Michael