[smokeping-users] Re: SmokePing 2.0rc5, RRDtool 1.2.11 and UTF-8

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Aug 14 20:26:31 MEST 2005

Erich,

I don't know why you would want to use html entities, if you work
in an UTF-8 environment, all should be well. I am not working in
such an environment though, therefore I can not tell for sure if
everything works, if it does not, it is a bug. HTML entities should
not be necessary ... one hurdle might be that apache does not
propagate the LANG or LC_* settings to the smokeping cgi, one would
have to set this explicitly with setlocale from the POSIX package.

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich