[smokeping-users] curl for a dyndns host doesn't work

Marc Haber mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de
Fri Aug 19 09:36:32 MEST 2005

I would like to smokeping (fping and curl) a host that is behind a DSL
line with dynamic IP and is running dyndns. The smokeping update
cronjob is running, and I regularly see the POST requests from the
host in my apache access log.

The config is as follows:

++++ $HOST-dyndns-org-fping

host = $HOST.dyndns.org
menu = $HOST.dyndns.org fping
title = $HOST.dyndns.org fping

++++ $HOST-dyndns-org-curl

probe = Curl
menu = $HOST.dyndns.org curl
title = $HOST.dyndns.org curl
host = DYNAMIC/xxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
email = First Last <example at example.org>
alerts =

+++++ PROBE_CONF

forks = 10
url = http://$HOST.dyndns.org/virtualhost

fping works fine, but curl not. The graphs are completely empty, and
nothing is logged in syslog.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Marc