[smokeping-users] Re: Cannot get DYNAMIC target? (was: curl for a dyndns host doesn't work)

Marc Haber mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de
Tue Aug 23 15:56:35 MEST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:39:06PM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 12:22:59PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > Where does smokeping log errors in updating the .adr file, such as
> > "access denied"?
>
> Not much of anywhere, now that I'm looking at it. Seems that the errors
> get lost.

Ouch.

> Here's a patch to fix that, now they should end up in the httpd error
> file. The formatting in the log could be better (no timestamps etc.),
> but at least it works now.

Applied.

With that patch applied, all I get is "Error: Invalid Target" in the
error.log. Why does the POST request receive a 200 result in that
situation?

Additionally, I don't like the idea of the web server writing into the
directory where the rrd files are located. Wouldn't it be more logical
to have the .adr file in the directory of the png files? Or shouldn't
the adr file directory be configurable?

Greetings
Marc