[smokeping-users] Re: Upgrade to 2.0.5 - No Alerts

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 5 12:49:07 MET 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 04:24:24PM -0800, Dave Scott wrote:
> Hi, I upgraded from 1.38 to 2.0.5, now I can not get Alerts emails
> working.  I have tried using Sendmail and Net::SMTP both with no
> results. Running --debug-daemon shows nothing useful in the logs.  I'm
> using the same config parameters as I was in 1.38 for alerts.
>
> Is there a way to test this out or anything I should be looking for that
> is different than the old version?  Everything else appears to function
> correctly.
>
> Can anyone verify Alerts are working correctly in 2.0.5.

Hi,

they seem to work for me, and there haven't been any purposefully
incompatible changes. Please include more details, preferably your
config file. Does '--debug-daemon' indicate that the alert was raised
at all?

The test I use is to fping localhost and then insert an iptables DROP
rule, so the packets are dropped. YMMV.

Cheers,
--
Niko