[smokeping-users] Re: Ping Times

Shane Kindt skindt at swwnet.com
Wed Dec 21 15:38:50 MET 2005

I was trying fping 2.4b2 and it required automake.  I am running RH9 on this
box.  I got the automake and the autoconf but it kept saying there was
./missing in a file.
I then tried fping 2.3b1 and it installed fine.  It gave me ping times about
50% of what they were supposed to be,  this is better than 10%.

Then i tried fping 2.4b2_to  and that installed fine.  Now my ping times
seem to be correct.  I have been using this configuration for 5 days and without a hitch.  I have stopped and started it many times to see if it is acurate all the time and it is.  I even rebooted the server a couple of times just to make sure all the startup scripts worked etc...  all is good.

Thanks for all your help.

Shane